How to Get Rid of Rodents
Utilizing humane and efficient techniques to permanently end rodent infestations, Critter Control of San Antonio is ready to assist you with any rodent concerns.
How to Know if You Need to Get Rid of Rodents
Here are some key questions to answer to determine if you have a rodent issue or infestation:
- Are there noises in the ceilings or walls?
- Are these noises scratching/scurrying noises? Do these noises occur early in the morning?
- Are there chewed holes around the building? In siding, gutters, construction gaps or trim?
- Are there more rodents than usual surrounding the building?
If any of these questions apply, call the specialists at Critter Control of San Antonio that know how to get rid of rodents safely and effectively.
Rodent Damage and Damage Identification
Rodents can cause extensive damage to many areas of your home or property. Rodents will gnaw or chew through thermal insulation, roofing, wiring, wall structures, and even plumbing. Some rodents, such as rats, may also burrow beneath the foundation of your space. This causes significant structural damage that may lead to shifting interior walls, windows, and pipes.
Rodents may cause considerable damage to your outdoor spaces as well. Damaging trees, gardens, and bird feeders while on the hunt for food or shelter, rodents wreak havoc.
Rodent also leave unsightly droppings and urine spots, which are incredibly unhygienic. This contamination can become a health risk if the rodent enters a kitchen and invades your food supplies.
If you notice any of these signs of rodent damage, contact Critter Control of San Antonio today: 210.742.8430.
How to Get Rid of Rodents
The most effective method to get rid of rodents is to trap them. Critter control of San Antonio will set traps around the building, monitor all entry points, and release the trapped squirrels as they are caught. We check your traps daily, so you won’t have to notify us when squirrels are in your traps. It is important to us that getting rid of squirrels remains a humane process, so we will never leave squirrels in a trap for longer than necessary. We are trained and know how to get rid of rodents.
Critter Control of San Antonio is committed to effectively tackling your rodent issues. We are equipped to both get rid of all unwanted rodents as well as repairing any damage they may have caused to your home in a professional and permanent manner.
Why Should I Get Rid of Rodents?
Health Risks Associated With Rodents
Rodents, such as mice and rats, may appear harmless or even cute to some, but they pose significant health risks to humans. Rodents can carry deadly diseases and can contaminate food and water sources. It is important to remove rodents at the first sign of infestation. Here are common health risks associated with rodents:
The most significant health risk associated with rodents is their potential to transmit various diseases to you, your family, or your pets. Some of the most common diseases linked to rodents include:
- Hantavirus: This severe, sometimes fatal virus is transmitted through rodent bites, contact with contaminated surfaces from rodent urine, droppings, or saliva, or ingestion of contaminated food or water from rodents. This virus causes serious respiratory symptoms.
- Leptospirosis: Rodents can carry the bacteria associated with Leptospirosis, a disease that can cause flu-like symptoms. If not treated, leptospirosis can cause kidney and liver damage, and even be fatal. Leptospirosis is spread through the same process as hantavirus.
- Salmonellosis: If rodents roam around your kitchen or cooking surfaces, they can contaminate the area with a bacteria called salmonella. Salmonella can lead to symptoms such as food poisoning and gastrointestinal distress, in severe cases it can even cause death.
- Rat Bite Fever: As the name suggests, this disease is mostly transmitted through rat bites or scratches, however, it can also be transmitted through consumption of contaminated food and water sources. Common symptoms of this disease include fevers, muscle pains, or rashes. If not treated, rat bite fever can be a fatal disease.
Serious Cases of Allergies and Asthma
Another common health risk associated with rodents is that they can be a trigger for individuals with allergies and asthma. The proteins found in rodent urine, saliva, and dander can become airborne and cause serious respiratory problems in sensitive individuals. Prolonged exposure to these allergens can exacerbate existing respiratory conditions and lead to chronic health issues.
Critter Control of San Antonio Service Area
Critter Control of San Antonio provides wildlife animal control services to the following areas: San Antonio, Alamo Heights, Bulverde, Terrell Hills, Dominion, Timberwood Park, Fair Oaks Ranch, Castle Hills, Shavano Park, Helotes, Hollywood Park, Spring Branch, Olmos Park, Grey Forest, Balcones Heights, Converse, Hill Country Village, Lackland, North Loop, Schertz, Universal City, Wetmore, Windcrest, New Braunfels, and Canyon Lake.
Critter Control of San Antonio is your go-to community wildlife control company. We will professionally and effectively solve any wildlife issue that arises in the San Antonio community. Call today for a free inspection!