Animal Damage Control Services in San Antonio
Critter Control of San Antonio offers full-service wildlife control. When you have wildlife inside your home, the potential damages can be extensive. Critter Control of San Antonio can repair damages done by the wildlife and you can rest assured that it will be handled professionally, humanely, and quickly.
Animal Damage Repair Methods
Critter Control of San Antonio offers repair methods to keep damages from becoming dangerous for your home and family. Your technician will be trained and experienced in the removal of animal droppings and removing odors and stains.
Common Wildlife Damage by Animal
- Bats are known to cause some of the worst property damage, especially if not taken care of in a timely manner.
- Bats will leave behind a great amount of guano (bat droppings) that can cause health problems such as Histoplasmosis (lung infection) and leave a foul-smelling odor lingering in your home.
- In addition to the infection and odor, bat droppings are also capable of rotting wood and metal, weakening the structure of your home.
- Raccoons decide on one location to use as their bathroom in your house. It's called a latrine. Though the feces are contained to one area, it still leaves quite the mess, especially if it's tangled in your insulation.
- Raccoons are also notorious for getting into your attic through your roof—and they can pull apart vents, roofing and soffits in the process.
- Mice will crawl in your insulation and leave droppings mixed in, which will soil the insulation and render it ineffective.
- In addition, mice are also notoriously known for chewing through anything that's in their way, including things like wires, wood, aluminum, plastic and more.
- Your nose will surely tell you if you have a skunk control problem in your home! Skunks like to live under sheds and decks and may sneak into your crawlspace.
- It's important to take care of skunks as soon as you suspect you have them so they don't spray you, your family, or your pets. For San Antonio skunk removal, call the experts at Critter Control of San Antonio.
Some of the professional wildlife damage repair methods can help in prevention. Preventing wildlife from entering your home is the best way to avoid the need for wildlife damage repairs.
Screening vents, chimney caps, and closing entry holes are just a few of the damage repairs that will help keep wildlife out at the same time. Call Critter Control of San Antonio for professional and humane animal damage repairs.
Wildlife Damage Repair Services
The animals have been removed, but are you finished yet?
Nuisance wildlife in your home can create problems many homeowners never think of. These animals can carry ectoparasites, which after the wildlife host is evicted, may move inside the home looking for a new host—including you! Bat bugs, mites, ticks, and fleas are just some of the ectoparasites you need to be concerned about. Mice in the walls, bats in the chimney, or various other visitors are notorious for bringing these animals in.
Common Wildlife Entry Points
Entry points are commonly damaged due to the persistent animal forcing its way in with their paws, teeth, or any other methods necessary. When entering your home these animals are looking for a place to eat, sleep, and get water, which are the basic needs for survival meaning they will do anything, even damage your home. Below is a list of common entry points and the animals that typically enter.
Wildlife in your San Antonio Chimney
A common entry point for wildlife in San Antonio homes is the chimney. If you don't have the proper chimney cap installed, it's easy for wildlife to make their way inside. If the chimney cap isn't secured, animals with dexterity—like raccoons—can rip the chimney cap off. Other common animals that get into chimneys include birds, squirrels, and bats. Animals in your chimney will almost always create damage and it's very important to take care of animals in your chimney before they get stuck and potentially die.
Wildlife in Attic Vents
When it comes to animals getting in through your vent it is typically smaller rodents like mice, rats, and squirrels. Once one of these animals has gained entry it is important to act quickly, these animals are prone to chewing their way through almost anything.
If your home vents are not sealed, birds will also get into your home through these vents and make their nests. They will leave their droppings and make a mess with their nesting material. You might know you have birds coming in through your attic vent if you hear flapping or thumping in your attic during the day.
Damaged Roof Shingles
If you have loose or damaged roof shingles, climbing animals like raccoons and squirrels will find them. They have the dexterity in their paws to rip the shingles off that are already loose. They can also use their teeth to gain entry to your home. Once inside, they will reside in your attic.
Wildlife in the Shed, Porch, or Deck
Wildlife is always. looking for shelter where it's warm, dry, and safe. Your San Antonio shed, porch, or deck might be their perfect solution, especially if there is a nearby food source such as a dumpster or pet food. Most commonly you will see opossums, raccoons, skunks, mice, and squirrels taking shelter under areas like your shed or porch.
Ask our Wildlife Management Specialists to inspect your home and treat for these critters, after your problem species is removed.
Please note: We do not remove dead animals.