San Antonio residents frequently report raccoon presence on their property. This is most evident by the trash that is on the ground or the thumps heard from the attic. Regardless of how cute they are, raccoons are still wild animals and can be hazardous to your well-being. They are carriers of many dangerous diseases so it's best practice to make sure you are a safe distance away from the creatures. If you suspect you have raccoons on your San Antonio property, we can help. Call Critter Control of San Antonio today if you suspect you have a raccoon problem.
Raccoon Removal & Prevention Services in San Antonio
Raccoons are dangerous to the landscape surrounding your home, but they can also damage the inside of your home when they are searching for a warm, dry and comfortable nesting area. Sometimes they get into your home by accident. Learn more below about the problems and damage raccoons can be responsible for and how to get rid of them.
Common Raccoon Problems
Did you know raccoons are one of the most destructive wildlife animals in the area, and across the nation? Their hand anatomy allows them to get into areas or items other wildlife can't get to, like twisting doorknobs or opening jars—which spells trouble for San Antonio residents. Some common raccoon issues we've received calls about include:
- Dead livestock/poultry, and even domestic pets—raccoons, like most wildlife, are not instigators, but will scratch and bite if they feel they are threatened (especially if there are babies nearby).
- Trash on the ground outside trash bins—raccoons are opportunistic eaters and will feast on anything they can, including garbage
- Soiled insulation from urine and feces
- Contaminated food
- Attic damage—learn more about raccoons in the attic
How to Get Rid of Raccoons
Want to know how you can keep raccoons away? Keep reading! Repeling raccoons and implementing raccoon deterrents is an effective way to keep the critters from coming onto your property in the first place, or returning once they've been removed. Some methods of raccoon control we may use include:
- Raccoon live trapping
- Sealing potential raccoon entry points (areas of the roof like vents, eaves, soffits & chimney are the primary areas raccoons will get into your home through)
- Changes to the landscape to help raccoon-proof the area
San Antonio Raccoon Control
Critter Control of San Antonio specialists are experts at raccoon removal. Using the most advanced technologies and tools, our teams will resolve any animal problems plaguing your home. Utilize our extensive knowledge and expertise to fix your raccoon problems by calling us today. We can help you get rid of San Antonio raccoon control issues. Call today!Request a Quote